Add Chatpata Twist to Indori Poha – Instant Poha Chaat Recipe
Poha is one of India's favourite breakfast items. So whether it is Indori Poha or Maharashtrian Pohe, people across India enjoy this healthy and delicious dish to start their day. Parents might find it hard to feed their children this dish because children prefer options such as cornflakes, Chocos, sandwiches and more. So how do you get your kids eat this nutrition-packed dish for breakfast? Add a chatakdaar twist to it!
Here's how you can elevate Poha with this instant, refreshing and healthy dish!
Instant Poha Chaat Recipe
- Indori Poha
- Onion, finely chopped
- Tomatoes, finely chopped
- Ratlami Sev (or any sev of your choice)
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Lemon juice
- Pudina chutney (optional)
- Gather all the ingredients and prepare as directed. You can buy poha online from Indore.online for authentic Indori Poha.
- Cook poha as usual without curry leaves and coriander leaves. (There's no harm in adding these ingredients as both curry and coriander leaves are good for health.)
- Serve poha in a bowl and keep aside.
- Make pudina chutney using mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, salt and sugar. Pudina chutney brings out the 'chaat' essence of this dish.
- Add a tablespoon of pudina chutney on top of the served poha.
- Add finely chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Add sev of your choice and sprinkle coriander leaves on top.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice and serve Poha Chaat!
Why is Indori Poha a healthy option?
Poha is recommended by dieticians for its health benefits. It is called super food as it works wonderfully for weight loss, especially when eaten for breakfast. Here are some benefits of poha:
- Easy to digest
- Full of iron
- Loaded with healthy carbohydrates
- Has low calories content
- Maintains blood/sugar level