If you're someone who loves experimenting with different cuisines and trying out new recipes, then you must have come across Poha Masala at some point. Poha, also known as flattened rice, is a popular breakfast option in many parts of India, especially in western states like Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. It is light, easy to digest, and can be cooked in a jiffy. Poha Masala is a flavorful twist on the traditional poha recipe with an added spice blend of aromatic herbs and spices.
If you've already tried the basic recipe and want to take it up a notch, here are five creative ways to spice up your Poha Masala recipe:
- Add Some Crunch: Poha Masala is a soft and fluffy dish, and adding a crunchy element can make it even more interesting. You can do this by adding some roasted peanuts or cashews to the dish. You can also fry some crispy potato shreds and sprinkle them on top of the poha masala. This not only adds texture to the dish but also makes it more filling.
- Mix Up Your Masalas: While the traditional Poha Masala recipe includes basic spices like cumin, mustard seeds, and turmeric, you can experiment with different masalas to add some more flavor. For instance, you can add some garam masala or chaat masala to give the dish a more desi twist. You can also add some red chili powder or green chili paste to make it spicier. If you're feeling adventurous, you can even try adding some rasam powder or sambar powder to the dish.
- Go the Indori Way: If you're a fan of the famous Indori Poha, then you must know that it has a unique flavor profile. Indori Poha is made with a special spice blend that includes fennel seeds, mustard seeds, and coriander seeds. You can buy Indori Poha online from Indore Online’s website or make it at home by roasting the spices and grinding them into a fine powder. Add this powder to your Poha Masala recipe for a delicious and authentic Indori flavor.
- Experiment with Vegetables: While the traditional Poha Masala recipe includes only onions and potatoes, you can add more vegetables to make it healthier and more flavorful. You can add some peas, carrots, beans, or bell peppers to the dish. You can also add some paneer or tofu for a protein boost. This not only makes the dish more nutritious but also adds some color to it.
- Add Some Toppings: Toppings can make any dish look more appetizing, and Poha Masala is no exception. You can add some fresh coriander leaves, grated coconut, or lemon juice to give the dish a refreshing twist. You can also add some sev or boondi on top for some crunchiness. For the best quality sev, order it from Indore Online. If you're feeling fancy, you can even add some sauteed mushrooms or roasted cherry tomatoes on top.
Now that you have some ideas to spice up your poha masala recipe, it's time to get started. But before you start, make sure you have the right ingredients. You can buy poha online from Indore Online’s website or get it from your local grocery store. If you're looking for an even quicker option, using instant poha mix from an Indore online website can be a great choice. With an instant mix poha packet, all you need to do is add hot water and let it soak for a few minutes. The Indore online website offers a wide range of instant mix options, from instant upma to instant idli and more. Plus, ordering online means you can conveniently stock up on this tasty and nutritious breakfast staple without leaving your home.