Now Make Crunchy Masala Khakhras At Home!
Khakhra is a Gujarati food that is crisp, extremely crisp, prepared with healthy ingredients, and cooked by dry roasting, making it both healthy and delicious. A masala khakhra is a khakhra that has been spice-flavored. Even if you are watching your weight, you can cheerfully enjoy these crisps. If you are not traveling to Gujarat very often, you can still enjoy this Gujrati delicacy by trying it at home.
Let's discuss the ingredients of the Khakhra recipe:
Flour: Whole wheat flour is used to make the khakhras. Besan, which is added in very little amounts, gives the khakhras a very wonderful flavour.
Spices: To flavour the khakhras, dried fenugreek leaves, red chilli flakes, and carom seeds (ajwain) were used. The right amount of salt is very important for khakhras. 1/2 tsp salt is just the right amount for 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
Oil and milk: When preparing the dough for khakhra, as little as 2 tsp of oil should be added. Knead the dough with milk. The recipe does not call for the addition of water, to give it long shelf life. The khakhras are roasted without oil.
Tips for making the ideal khakhra:
Roll it as thinly as you can.
Cook for 3-5 minutes on a low burner (each khakhra).
While cooking the khakhra, press it.
Recipe to make Masala Khakhra
12 to 15 masala khakhras can be made from this recipe..
1. Combine 1 cup of whole wheat flour (aata), 2 tsp of gram flour (besan), 12 tsp of carom seeds (ajwain), 2 tsp of dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi), 1/4 tsp of red chilli flakes, 1/8 tsp of turmeric powder (haldi), 1/2 tsp of salt, or salt to taste, and 2 tsp oil.
2. Thoroughly combine everything.
3. Gradually add milk.
4. Prepare a soft dough similar to chapati dough.
5. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
6. Give the dough one knead after 15 minutes.
7. Separate the dough into pieces.
8. Form a ball out of the portion. Add some flour and coat. By applying pressure with your fingertips, flatten the dough ball.
9. Next, roll into a khakhra keeping it incredibly thin. Incorporate flour as needed.
10. Heat a skillet to a medium temperature. Onto it, place the khakhra. Cook it on a low flame. Allow the bubbles to form.
11. Flip it over and cook the other side as well. The khakhra should be pressed using muslin fabric.
12. Flip it once again, and cook it until golden brown spots start to appear. Each khakhra needs to be cooked for at least 3 minutes and 5 minutes if it is larger.
13. Allow it to completely cool down. In a container that is airtight, pack them. Bon appetit!
Interesting recipes to try out with Masala Khakhra
The Khakhra Chaat
Who doesn't enjoy the wistful flavour of Northern Indian street chaat? The majority of these chaat recipes feature curd, a variety of intriguing spices, tamarind chutney, a green chutney consisting of coriander, green chilies, and fresh mangoes as the topping. Due to the fact that khakhra already has a flavour profile that fits the chaat category, making a chat from it is even more intriguing. Simply break up some khakhras into medium-sized pieces and top it with finely chopped tomatoes, onions, the two chutneys, curd, and coriander leaves before adding some sev as a garnish!
Rotis leftovers are used to make the traditional Indian breakfast dish chivda. This dish is prepared similarly to poha but with bits of roti. Simply include chunks of khakhra in the recipe to get this crunchier and more delicious variation! Crack some mustard seeds, chana dal, and peanuts in a heated pan with some oil. They should just be lightly cooked until everything is brown and fragrant. Add salt and your preferred spices to this along with the crushed khakhra.
Coleslaw and Khakhra
There aren't many better combinations than this khakhra coleslaw combination if you want to satisfy your demands for a continental breakfast with a desi twist! Start by shredding some vegetables, such as cabbage, carrots, and celery, to make homemade coleslaw. Combine it with some apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard. Use this coleslaw mixture to garnish your khakhras. Your quick breakfast is ready!
Summing it up
If you want to try out the amazing snacks recipes share above, but need instant khakhras instead of making them from scratch and also looking for the same home-like flavour, you can simply order it online from www.indore.online or just click on the link Masala Khakhra - Indore (200gm pack) : Available only for self-pickup – Indore.Online and place your order. Khakhras from Indore Online are fresh, authentic, preservatives-free, crunchy and delicious. You can also order instant packs of other delicious snacks like ratlami sev, instant indori poha, instant bedmi puri mix, and many more. To add the unique indori flavour to these snacks, don’t forget to order pure indori jeeravan masala also. And your snacking will be sorted forever.