A very well-known morning breakfast- Bedmi Poori is typically consumed in Delhi and some regions of Uttar Pradesh. It is quite filling and served with Jeera Hing Aloo Sabzi. These hot puffed pooris are an all-rounder Indian bread that go well with practically any curry or dal, whether it is for a festival, special occasion, or weekend supper.
About The Recipe
Most Indians consume poori, which is served with various regional dishes. There are other poori varieties, including Aloo Poori, Palak Poori, Dahi Methi Poori, Plain Poori, and many more, but Bedmi Poori is unquestionably the best.
All other recipes call for flour, but Bedmi poori also contains urad dal, setting it apart and making it special. In addition, some individuals load the poori with moong dal rather than urad dal.
Whole wheat flour, urad dal, ginger, green chilies, oil, salt, fennel powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, and hing are the ingredients you'll need. Green chillies and red chilli powder give it a spicy flavour, but dry mango powder gives it a tangy twist. The distinct flavour and aroma of fennel powder instantly give pooris additional flavour.
Even moong dal may be substituted for urad dal.
Suggestions for Serving
● Hot Hing Jeera Aloo Ki Sabzi is typically served with it. You may also serve it with Paneer Ki Sabzi or any other curry.
● Even Bombay Potatoes, Paneer Pasanda, or any other Curry or Dal go well with this poori.
● People also enjoy having it in the morning with just a pickle and a cup of tea.
● Additionally, it can be served with any Raita of your choice.
This can be made in two different ways.
The dal and masalas can be crushed and kneaded with the flour, or the stuffing can be prepared and sandwiched between the dough.
You may also cook them using the double-frying method to obtain even more crunch. Simply shape the pooris as directed in the recipe. Once the oil is hot, immediately fry the pooris from both sides until they are halfway done. Keep them on a plate. When it's time to serve, heat the oil until it is sizzling. Pooris should be fried in heated oil and cooked until puffy and golden. Drain on a plate.
When you have guests around, this approach works really well. The pooris can be partially fried in advance and then quickly fried again when ready to serve.
Health benefits of urad dal
For the nutrition it provides, Urad dal is typically used to make Bedmi Poori. Due to its high iron content, urad dal is an energy provider.
Additionally, it enhances digestion. Additionally, it has a good amount of protein. Even heart health is improved by urad dal. Ayurveda advises that Urad Dal is quite beneficial for pregnant ladies. Other health benefits include anti-aging effects, so feel free to enjoy recipes that use it.
Easy to follow Bedmi Poori recipe
1. Wash the urad dal and soak it for 6 to 8 hours in adequate water.
2. Completely drain the water. To form a coarse paste, mix the dal with the ginger and green chillies. Add little water, if necessary
3. Fill a bowl with whole wheat flour.
4. The dal paste, 1/4 cup oil, salt, fennel, coriander, red pepper, dry mango, and hing are now added to the flour. Nicely mix everything.
5. Add a small amount of water and knead a firm dough. For ten to fifteen minutes, cover and set the dough aside.
6. Use the dough to form little balls.
7. Use a little oil to roll the balls into a 3–4-inch circle.
8. Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the pooris in heated oil till golden brown on all sides.
9. Place the pooris on a dish after placing a kitchen towel.
10. To use the double-frying method, simply cook the pooris halfway.
11. Continue to fry until browned and puffed in extremely hot oil one more time.
Just like poori dough, this dough should be tightly rolled out.
The pooris fluff up properly thanks to the double frying procedure.
Maida and suji help pooris stay crispy for a longer period of time.
Cook over a medium heat until the poori becomes crisp on the inside.
Poori becomes soggy if the stuffing contains too much moisture.
The Indian lunch, breakfast, or brunch, Bedmi Poori never fails to satisfy the soul of a food enthusiast. If you want to try making this delicacy, we have an easy and quick way for you. You can easily make these pooris with very less effort just by using readymade Bedmi Poori Atta available with Indore Online. Just visit the website www.indore.online, search for Bedmi Poori Atta and place your order. You can also place your order just by clicking on the link Agrawal 420 - Bedma puri Atta (500gm) – Indore.Online. You should definitely check out authentic Indore famous food available with Indore Online such as Suji Rusk, Barik Sev, Ujjaini Sev, Ratlami Sev Namkeen, Navratan Mix Namkeen, Dal Moth, and several others to not miss such delicacies.